The Great Nothing, 2023
Edition of 12
£100 each set
The Great Nothing is a pencil¹, a book², a temporary tattoo³, a postcard4, a newspaper5,
a napkin6, an invitation7, a set of 11 postcards8, a plectrum9, a poem10,
a wristband11 held together by a double elastic band12 in
a plastic bag13.
The purchase unlocks a new series of stories about, from, on, around, directly and indirectly linked to the objects.
1. From the project Anti social Social Club (2019) by Ève Chabanon.
2. The Situation by Hannah Black, Chisenhale Gallery (2017).
3. “William Morris”, 2013 by Jeremy Deller After.
4. An edition and a caption for an installation by Pierre Leguillon in Diaporamas (2017), a group show at Palais de Tokyo, Paris.
5. from the installation Sweet Feast by Ulla von Brandenburg at the Whitechapel Gallery, 2019
6. An edition by Mark Wallinger for FRAC Grand Large, 2019.
7. Elsewhere by Fiona Tan, Frith St Gallery (2019)
8. Jollyroger, 2020 by Émilie Perotto for FRAC Poitou-Charentes after a residency in Campus des métiers and Lycée Louis Delage de Cognac, France.
9. From a plectrum box found on the street, London 2023
10. A rolled poem poster.
11. An edition by Lawrence Weiner, part of Station to Station, 2015, an exhibition by Doug Aitken at the Barbican, London.
12. From AM-BIG-YOU-US LEGSICON, an exhibition by Laure Prouvost at MHKA, Antwerp (2019).
13. From London City Airport, 2018.
Now let’s imagine an exhibition.
10 in stock